One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A network of private computers infected with malicious software and controlled as a group without the owners' knowledge, e.g. to send spam.
- ‘On the Internet, though, you can have a simple script do that, and even distribute the requests over time and over a botnet to evade lockouts.’
- ‘Subsequent monitoring and forensic testing revealed that a botnet made up of open proxies in China was responsible for the attack.’
- ‘So at least this botnet is effectively down for now.’
- ‘The most serious current concern in the email security landscape is the rise of the 'robot-net', or 'botnet ' for short.’
- ‘Maintaining a botnet detracts from time spent writing new worms and the skills are different, " Nolan says.’
1990s: blend of bot and network.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.