One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of the scientific study of plants.‘a botanist announced he'd bred a new and beautiful variety of orchid’
- ‘In order to absorb the work, viewers must examine each individual cutout like botanists studying the leaves of a tree.’
- ‘He is a botanist and a collector of rare plants.’
- ‘The British botanist this week came out in support of the anti-wind camp.’
- ‘In some areas of the Pacific Northwest, botanists say, the fungus has eliminated white bark pines entirely.’
- ‘Not all collectors of flora began life as gardeners or botanists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.