Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The drawings are simple, lovely, and botanically accurate.’
- ‘Declared a vegetable in 1893 by the Supreme Court for taxation purposes, is botanically a fruit.’
- ‘Although Europeans settled this county in the early 1800's, it has not been carefully and thoroughly studied botanically.’
- ‘Rockingham County, located in northwestern Virginia, is the third largest county in the state and is botanically rich and diverse.’
- ‘What looks like a trunk is in fact made up of tightly packed leaf stems, and, botanically at least, the fruits are berries.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.