One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our academy of science is very interested in this research field, and Scotland is particularly strong in it, because of its long tradition of botanic knowledge.’
- ‘One area in north Wiltshire that is in desperate need of help is Lacock where a botanic greenhouse is being restored.’
- ‘Sipping tea before the botanic feast of flowers and trees that surrounds the bowling green, the men and women in white were perplexed by the slurs.’
- ‘But the main attraction is the garden, a riot of azaleas and camellias in the spring and a place of botanic bliss the whole year round.’
- ‘One clings onto a pair of lofty branches with his arms spread so that the large leaves resemble the wings of a botanic angel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.