One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A domineering person.
- ‘He must learn to live without a man who has been friend, mentor and general bossyboots.’
- ‘Why should people not have the right to keep their own money and spend it how they see fit, instead of having a nanny State, bossyboots Government tax workers into oblivion?’
- ‘Nobody likes a control freak, so stop being a bossyboots and let things be.’
- ‘We in this country have had enough of a bossyboots Government that interferes in people's lives.’
- ‘This know-all, bossyboots Government has said that people should not have the money, and that they must have a holiday.’
- ‘In a world filled with bossyboots barging about and ego heat approaching nuclear intensity, appoint yourself your only boss.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.