One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A situation whereby a political party is controlled by party managers.
- ‘Nigeria's PDP doesn't have similar grass roots or internal democratic mechanisms, but at least on this one issue, its factionalism and local bossism have had a similar effect.’
- ‘Lincoln Steffens's magnificent book, The Shame of the Cities, denounced the bossism and corruption of early twentieth-century American cities.’
- ‘He represents the greatest danger the Republicans face, bossism.’
- ‘To say that people ought not run and that people ought to get out of this race is bossism that belongs in the other party.’
- ‘The monopoly in politics, or bossism, may possibly be abolished by direct legislation or by proportional representation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.