One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Now,’ I said bossily, ‘You're going to take off your clothes and dry yourself off, and then you're going to get dressed into some warm clothes.’’
- ‘‘Perhaps I should rephrase that,’ she said bossily in that same silky tone of hers.’
- ‘She bossily took his arm away from my shoulders.’
- ‘Before Leanne could tell Chloe she didn't feel like going to the dance, Mrs. Brawnings had shoved through and bossily ordered everyone out of the room.’
- ‘When our new friend has returned to her party Nigella reaches across for my notebook and reads it, a bit bossily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.