One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Before Leanne could tell Chloe she didn't feel like going to the dance, Mrs. Brawnings had shoved through and bossily ordered everyone out of the room.’
- ‘She bossily took his arm away from my shoulders.’
- ‘When our new friend has returned to her party Nigella reaches across for my notebook and reads it, a bit bossily.’
- ‘‘Perhaps I should rephrase that,’ she said bossily in that same silky tone of hers.’
- ‘‘Now,’ I said bossily, ‘You're going to take off your clothes and dry yourself off, and then you're going to get dressed into some warm clothes.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.