One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A video game facility which enables users to avoid detection when playing at work by displaying a spreadsheet or other fake display when a certain key is pressed.
- ‘In the old days boss keys would put up a fake spreadsheet or something’
- ‘In a real panic situation finding the boss key can be difficult.’
- ‘This was a fairly common feature in early computer games for personal computers, when most boss keys were used to show dummy DOS prompts.’
- ‘If your employer is stupid enough to be fooled by employees using boss keys to evade personal web use detection, then your job (even your life) is probably in danger.’
- ‘The boss key also comes in handy since the system requirements aren't high and playing a game or two during the course of the work day is easy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.