One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A video game facility which enables users to avoid detection when playing at work by displaying a spreadsheet or other fake display when a certain key is pressed.
- ‘In a real panic situation finding the boss key can be difficult.’
- ‘The boss key also comes in handy since the system requirements aren't high and playing a game or two during the course of the work day is easy.’
- ‘If your employer is stupid enough to be fooled by employees using boss keys to evade personal web use detection, then your job (even your life) is probably in danger.’
- ‘In the old days boss keys would put up a fake spreadsheet or something’
- ‘This was a fairly common feature in early computer games for personal computers, when most boss keys were used to show dummy DOS prompts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.