One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man's wide-brimmed felt hat.
- ‘Gianfranco Ferrè has presented a spring/summer 2003 season of enchanting woman, elegant with their Bogart-style Borsalino hats.’
- ‘It is difficult to imagine smugglers ignoring the conspicuousness of their Borsalinos for decades, but if they did the hat/crime correlation would also be projectable.’
- ‘The one on the left I'm fairly certain is a narrow-brimmed Borsalino.’
- ‘If you're looking for something traditional and classy, check out the selection of fine Borsalino hats.’
- ‘Sporting a natty double-breasted blazer in subdued chocolate and a smooth-looking white Borsalino, Clyde looks just a little well-dressed for a man fresh out of state prison.’
Early 20th century: from the name of the manufacturer.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.