One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Take needless action that may have detrimental effects.
- ‘I suppose I'm borrowing trouble, but has anyone thought about how to forgive and move on, one way or another?’
- ‘It's not borrowing trouble to consider the possibility that he might not come home when this is all over.’
- ‘Criticizing such antics is an easy game as it seems that they borrow trouble where some care and research would prevent such energetic conflicts.’
- ‘Like I said before, let's not borrow trouble, Lisa.’
- ‘Perhaps her mother was just borrowing trouble, as she was prone to doing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.