One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Take needless action that may have detrimental effects.
- ‘I suppose I'm borrowing trouble, but has anyone thought about how to forgive and move on, one way or another?’
- ‘Perhaps her mother was just borrowing trouble, as she was prone to doing.’
- ‘Criticizing such antics is an easy game as it seems that they borrow trouble where some care and research would prevent such energetic conflicts.’
- ‘Like I said before, let's not borrow trouble, Lisa.’
- ‘It's not borrowing trouble to consider the possibility that he might not come home when this is all over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.