One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characteristic of the Argentinian writer Jorge Luis Borges or his works, especially with reference to fantasy or magic realism.‘this authorial playfulness lends Borgesian overtones to his work’
- ‘I have to wonder whether he's some Borgesian fantasist.’
- ‘He grafts stories of a Borgesian imaginativeness onto a real backdrop.’
- ‘In typical Borgesian style, the search for truth in this short story is always a futile effort.’
- ‘The volume of his work is quite large, but I will mention a few that have distinct Borgesian overtones.’
- ‘While his own writing style remains highly readable, he takes obvious delight in occult details and Borgesian tricks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.