One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized branch of the Mafia.
- ‘These borgatas, or crime families, have destroyed other families by wiping them out.’
- ‘It comprised 24 borgate, headed by a capo.’
- ‘In a borgata, some members can make up for the weaknesses of others.’
- ‘His first full-length novel dealing with the world of the borgate, published in 1955, saw him officially charged with offences to public decency.’
- ‘This time all the bosses from all the borgatas gathered and made one final conclusion.’
- ‘Players within borgatas fight along side each other to launch attacks on other players or borgatas.’
- ‘The Borgata has an established hierarchy, a body of members or soldiers, and many associates.’
- ‘If only you knew the real us, the borgata family, I thought to myself.’
- ‘The vanguard of this criminal juggernaut is still led by the Mafias most potent and largest borgatas: New Yorks Five Families.’
- ‘But gathered there was the vast majority of bosses of the borgatas.’
1960s: Italian, ‘district, village’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.