One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small terrier of a breed with rough hair, originating in the Cheviot Hills.
- ‘In Great Britain, where the breed originated, and in the Scandinavian countries the Border terrier enjoys great popularity, both in the show ring and on the farm.’
- ‘George's love of walking started as a medical student in the Yorkshire Dales, and on his return from east Africa he started a habit of daily walks, which he maintained, usually accompanied by his much loved Border terriers.’
- ‘All things considered I would say a Border terrier would make an ideal family dog and if you've got any rats about the place it would very soon get rid of them.’
- ‘The grounds will also contain accommodation for Stewart's seven Border terriers, as he is a well-known local dog breeder.’
- ‘For Mrs Barlow, who lives in Ravenstonedale with her husband Dick and three Border terriers, the publication marks the achievement of a long-held ambition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.