An industrial abrasive consisting of boron nitride.
- ‘Diamond and Borazon mandrels are not a stock item.’
- ‘New wheels usually have a smooth grinding face since the Borazon crystals and the surrounding bond are flush to the cutting surface.’
- ‘In actual lapping tests, Borazon powder has polished the surface of a large diamond at the same rate as the surface was polished by diamond powder.’
- ‘I'm wondering if anybody has seen small stones like this made with CB Borazon?’
- ‘Ball races are ground with Borazon process for high precision, durability and super smooth rolling.’
1950s: from boron, with the insertion of azo-.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.