One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting plants of the borage family (Boraginaceae ).
- ‘Adult ithomiines experimentally reared without access to poisonous Eupatorieae secretions, including those of decomposing foliage of boraginaceous plants, are palatable.’
- ‘Applying sex allocation theory to the boraginaceous Cynoglossum officinale and Echium vulgare shows that hermaphroditism is stable in both species.’
- ‘Certain boraginaceous plants have an established place in herbal medicine, the most important being borage, comfrey, and lungwort.’
- ‘Sixty-nine Boraginaceous species have been recorded in Saudi Arabia.’
- ‘Towards the sea, a second, lower plateau has more sandy soils, with open ground hosting the diminutive allseed and yellow centaury, plus the delicate white flowers of the boraginaceous Omphalodes linifolia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.