One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting plants of the borage family ("Boraginaceae" ).
- ‘Towards the sea, a second, lower plateau has more sandy soils, with open ground hosting the diminutive allseed and yellow centaury, plus the delicate white flowers of the boraginaceous Omphalodes linifolia.’
- ‘Applying sex allocation theory to the boraginaceous Cynoglossum officinale and Echium vulgare shows that hermaphroditism is stable in both species.’
- ‘Certain boraginaceous plants have an established place in herbal medicine, the most important being borage, comfrey, and lungwort.’
- ‘Adult ithomiines experimentally reared without access to poisonous Eupatorieae secretions, including those of decomposing foliage of boraginaceous plants, are palatable.’
- ‘Sixty-nine Boraginaceous species have been recorded in Saudi Arabia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.