One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The girls know how to switch gears, though, and give a sweet, slowed-down performance on Dream Boy, a jive-tastic bopper on Mr Lee and a winking slinkathon on Three Cool Chicks.’
- ‘He became best known as a fiery and energetic hard bopper with a string of classic Blue Note albums from the 60s to his name, as well as being a graduate of Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers.’
- ‘Brought up on Ornette Coleman, Paul Bley and Don Cherry, Parker cut his teeth with post boppers like Ted Sirota and Ernest Dawkins before moving into more eclectic territory.’
- ‘A preppie in a sea of black leather, I was like some Beatlemaniac teen bopper; I remember my girlfriend looking at me bemusedly like I had been possessed by some demented person.’
- ‘Never under no circumstances place your wedding cake near the dance floor because the boogie bopper may cause a lotta heartache.’
- ‘Two such are Mondo '77, a synth-driven Eurovision bopper, and Money Hair, which marries a 1960s groove to the impossibly cute notion that you can sell your hair to pay the bills.’
- ‘He and other beach boppers founded the club in 1999.’
- ‘Personally, I think they're pretty catchy - songs like Black Balloon and Here is Gone are bouncy, fun tunes that don't smack of teenie bopper, sugar encrusted pop.’
- ‘Equally influenced by Fats Navarro's bebop pyrotechnics and second generation boppers like Booker Little, he proved himself an adaptable, thoughtful addition to the British scene.’
- ‘One was for the Madonna-Prince boppers, one for the Morrisey-Cure ghoulies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.