One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a woman) sexually attractive.‘this bootylicious Texan knows what it takes to be a pop diva’
good-looking, attractive, nice-looking, handsome, lovely, beautiful, pretty, as pretty as a picture, stunning, striking, arresting, prepossessing, winning, fetching, captivating, bewitching, beguiling, engaging, charming, charismatic, enchanting, appealing, delightful, irresistibleView synonyms
- ‘Third generation operators, constantly under attack for the huge debt their licences have incurred, may have found a saviour more bootylicious than bursary, according to a new report.’
- ‘Independent, free-spirited, and as bootylicious as her look-alike, Teresa tends to meet men who want to dominate her, which is the exact opposite of what she's looking for.’
- ‘These bootylicious babes did a fabulous job of fitting together in harmony while singing all their hits that have made them multi-platinum in many countries around the world.’
- ‘Also packaged with the bootylicious artwork is a DJ mix disc.’
- ‘That one suit that makes your bust look beautiful, your stomach look stunning, your legs look long and lean, and your booty, well, bootylicious?’
- ‘In short, you're looking at Britain's most bootylicious mid-range estate.’
- ‘The bootylicious chick so crazy in love is the hottest - and nicest - star of the year’
- ‘And it's not just the ubiquitous bootylicious message that folks are complaining about.’
- ‘Destiny's Child stole the show by shaking their bootylicious bodies as always.’
- ‘That's not to say that Green gets all bootylicious here, but with tracks like ‘Wish We Could Go Back’ and ‘Mad,’ she infuses a more rhythmic sensibility into her sound.’
- ‘Charlene poses as the kids' nanny and, through her bootylicious self, teaches everyone a little bit.’
- ‘The contestants have just not been bootylicious enough this season.’
- ‘Serena, in particular, has caused a stir with her black studded tennis ensembles, the black Shox Boots from her Nike collection and the infamous black cat suit that was roundly deemed bootylicious.’
- ‘Sexism seems to be making a comeback, too, with bootylicious babes everywhere, and attractive young TV news presenters being dismissed as autocuties or anchorettes.’
- ‘The show is a result of North's belief that our bootylicious pop-culture world is just so ripe for parody.’
1990s: from booty, on the pattern of delicious.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.