Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a woman) sexually attractive.‘this bootylicious Texan knows what it takes to be a pop diva’
good-looking, attractive, nice-looking, handsome, lovely, beautiful, pretty, as pretty as a picture, stunning, striking, arresting, prepossessing, winning, fetching, captivating, bewitching, beguiling, engaging, charming, charismatic, enchanting, appealing, delightful, irresistibleView synonyms
- ‘Third generation operators, constantly under attack for the huge debt their licences have incurred, may have found a saviour more bootylicious than bursary, according to a new report.’
- ‘Independent, free-spirited, and as bootylicious as her look-alike, Teresa tends to meet men who want to dominate her, which is the exact opposite of what she's looking for.’
- ‘The bootylicious chick so crazy in love is the hottest - and nicest - star of the year’
- ‘Destiny's Child stole the show by shaking their bootylicious bodies as always.’
- ‘The show is a result of North's belief that our bootylicious pop-culture world is just so ripe for parody.’
- ‘Charlene poses as the kids' nanny and, through her bootylicious self, teaches everyone a little bit.’
- ‘That's not to say that Green gets all bootylicious here, but with tracks like ‘Wish We Could Go Back’ and ‘Mad,’ she infuses a more rhythmic sensibility into her sound.’
- ‘The contestants have just not been bootylicious enough this season.’
- ‘Sexism seems to be making a comeback, too, with bootylicious babes everywhere, and attractive young TV news presenters being dismissed as autocuties or anchorettes.’
- ‘Also packaged with the bootylicious artwork is a DJ mix disc.’
- ‘That one suit that makes your bust look beautiful, your stomach look stunning, your legs look long and lean, and your booty, well, bootylicious?’
- ‘These bootylicious babes did a fabulous job of fitting together in harmony while singing all their hits that have made them multi-platinum in many countries around the world.’
- ‘Serena, in particular, has caused a stir with her black studded tennis ensembles, the black Shox Boots from her Nike collection and the infamous black cat suit that was roundly deemed bootylicious.’
- ‘And it's not just the ubiquitous bootylicious message that folks are complaining about.’
- ‘In short, you're looking at Britain's most bootylicious mid-range estate.’
1990s: from booty, on the pattern of delicious.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.