One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveinformal
- ‘What precedent is there for such servile bootlicking?’
- ‘I confess, I'm a sycophant, even if my bootlicking inclines less toward, oh say, administration officials than foul-mouthed and amusing anti-propagandists.’
- ‘An additional point is this: there's been a lot of really, really bad, banal, sugar-coated and bootlicking traditional art.’
- ‘His pursuit is aided by two loyal, bootlicking sidekicks who obey his every command.’
- ‘Stop that pathetic bootlicking of yours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.