One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A bootlegger was today behind bars for his part in smuggling £1.6m worth of cigarettes into the country.’
- ‘Pubs, clubs and people's homes were still the most common places for bootleggers to sell illicit goods.’
- ‘In Spain, bootleggers selling pirated CDs and DVDs are common sights on the street.’
- ‘The Evening Press recently revealed that bootleggers were flooding the city with pirate DVDs of film blockbusters only just released at cinemas.’
- ‘But there is still access to caves along the beach area once used by bootleggers during prohibition to smuggle in illegal booze from offshore boats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.