One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A narrow necktie, popular in the 1950s.
- ‘His attackers decided he was a goth, yet his only fashion crime was wearing a bootlace tie in the style of Bono.’
- ‘The driver's unfeasibly large sideburns, his bootlace tie and his far too cheerful demeanour were all clues.’
- ‘Strung round his neck was a huge ram's head bootlace tie with emeralds for eyes, and his feet were clad in a pair of pristine, silver-capped boots.’
- ‘But although he can wear bootlace ties he cannot break the ties that bind, often returning to his estranged wife Babs.’
- ‘Experts are classified into four main plumage types: bow ties, regular ties, cowboy bootlace ties, and no ties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.