One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A narrow necktie, popular in the 1950s.
- ‘But although he can wear bootlace ties he cannot break the ties that bind, often returning to his estranged wife Babs.’
- ‘Experts are classified into four main plumage types: bow ties, regular ties, cowboy bootlace ties, and no ties.’
- ‘Strung round his neck was a huge ram's head bootlace tie with emeralds for eyes, and his feet were clad in a pair of pristine, silver-capped boots.’
- ‘His attackers decided he was a goth, yet his only fashion crime was wearing a bootlace tie in the style of Bono.’
- ‘The driver's unfeasibly large sideburns, his bootlace tie and his far too cheerful demeanour were all clues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.