One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of fraudulently interfering with the process of an election whereby members of a party occupy a polling booth, excluding and voting in place of those people who are registered to vote there.
- ‘The NDA leaders blamed booth capturing.’
- ‘Supporters may indulge in malpractices and booth capturing in order to help the Congress in the constituency.’
- ‘There had been booth capturing, clashes between goons and voters and police firing.’
- ‘Allegations of booth capturing abound.’
- ‘The E. C. was influenced by reports of large-scale booth capturing and intimidation of poll officials.’
- ‘There were reports of sporadic conflicts between the members of the two communities after complaints of booth capturing and rigging by both communities in their areas of domination.’
- ‘There were substantive allegations of booth capturing, coercion and intimidation.’
- ‘Singh points to one positive aspect of booth capturing.’
- ‘"Booth capturing in over 200 booths, backed by state power," is the reason he cites for his debacle.’
- ‘Three incidents of booth capturing and EVM snatching were reported on a day when scorching heat was experienced.’
- ‘Some of the PCC workers were raising slogans against 'the booth capturing of NC workers'.’
- ‘And the Election Commission sent a two-member committee to Chhapra to inquire into the incident and into charges of bogus voting and booth capturing.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.