One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for car boot sale
- ‘It was in position for two-and-a-half years before being taken in the autumn of last year, probably ending up in a boot sale or someone's garden.’
- ‘Slip them into the local boot sale one Sunday morning?’
- ‘Forget your boot sale in a field, or rickety tables in a church hall--this building is quite stunning in itself.’
- ‘It was the first boot sale I had ever been to, actually.’
- ‘The youngsters collected unwanted goods from family and friends and then set up a stall at the weekly boot sale at Pedham Place Farm, Swanley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.