Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Here's a summary history of bookselling in the U.S.’
- ‘Collins had a secure place in the world of bookselling.’
- ‘However, in order to get an edge in sales, alternative means of book selling must be employed.’
- ‘Here's a dirty little secret - bookselling is a business.’
- ‘You'll see a far more professional approach where bookselling is concerned.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.