One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adjustable support for an open book on a table.
- ‘The possibility of hinging the bookrest with a storage area underneath was discussed.’
- ‘In this part of the museum, hand-written Korans, writing types belonging to the calligraphy art, book binding covers, and ivory inlaid bookrests are exhibited.’
- ‘This portable, collapsible bookrest provides the ideal angle for comfortably reading books, papers and magazines.’
- ‘The entire piece was repainted sometime prior to 1980, and the wood bookrests may be replacements.’
- ‘Such special purpose bookrests have therefore met with little commercial success.’
- ‘All requests for special equipment, for example operators’ chairs, footstools and bookrests are assessed by the Department and funds made available if appropriate.’
- ‘To the east of the window is a stone bookrest, and to the west an alcove seat.’
- ‘Read all bound manuscripts and rare books on the foam bookrests provided.’
- ‘Use this solid bookrest for different applications such as display props, paper props, and much more!’
- ‘The lectern developed in the 13th century into its most distinctive form with the bookrest modelled as an eagle with outstretched wings.’
- ‘The missing panel should be replaced and grained to match, and all the bookrests, armrests and hinged seats should be repaired.’
- ‘In recent times may decorative and utilitarian articles like ash trays, paperweights, candle stands and bookrests are also being made.’
- ‘The patterns on the walls and on the bookrests of the library sector result in a ‘dazzle pattern’.’
- ‘Each book is covered with a clear plastic slipcase and desks have bookrests so the book can be propped up next to the student doing classwork.’
- ‘The prior art has provided a wide variety of bookrests, display stands and the like.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.