Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘There are around 8,200 betting shops in UK so bookmaking is a substantial business, important to the British economy.’
- ‘There are about eight bookmaking firms involved, including three or four of the top ones.’
- ‘One example is bookmaking - punters can now both back and lay horses over the web.’
- ‘The company said it wants to move spread betting away from bookmaking and geared toward private investors and small institutions.’
- ‘Forbes would list some if their core business were not gambling and bookmaking.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.