One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘My awkward bookishness could be overcome in that environment through being rather regularly and publicly recognised for achievements in creative writing, drama, public speaking and debating.’
- ‘He was an oddball child, his bookishness and poetry out of step with his surroundings on the prairie earth.’
- ‘There are people whose bookishness is a substitute for, rather than a stimulus to their own thinking.’
- ‘There is no help and no escape for any of us in a story that can't escape its own bookishness.’
- ‘Why should indulging in bookishness be regarded as peculiar, anyway?’
- ‘It came as a result of the combination of your bookishness, fertile imagination and love for typography.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.