One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Why should indulging in bookishness be regarded as peculiar, anyway?’
- ‘There is no help and no escape for any of us in a story that can't escape its own bookishness.’
- ‘He was an oddball child, his bookishness and poetry out of step with his surroundings on the prairie earth.’
- ‘It came as a result of the combination of your bookishness, fertile imagination and love for typography.’
- ‘There are people whose bookishness is a substitute for, rather than a stimulus to their own thinking.’
- ‘My awkward bookishness could be overcome in that environment through being rather regularly and publicly recognised for achievements in creative writing, drama, public speaking and debating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.