One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His parents were, their son wrote, ‘both fond of reading’; so they resolved to give bookishly inclined John a good education.’
- ‘Now and then, it's nice to think that they will go for something a little less formal and bookishly precise.’
- ‘Lorenzo is a bookishly handsome, well-dressed professional with style, grace, and sex appeal.’
- ‘I think I must have been a bit too obvious with my slackjawed staring, because soon, the bookishly handsome professor was staring straight back out at me, with a look of bemusement.’
- ‘Giving me exposure, a whole new perspective, equipped me for life, changed my value system, made me look at life realistically, not bookishly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.