One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An open cabinet containing shelves on which to keep books.
- ‘The other wall was entirely taken up with a floor-to-ceiling bookcase full of books.’
- ‘But don't worry, on inquiry we discovered that the bookcases cannot be opened.’
- ‘Many a gentleman and aristocrat have sat in the centre of these four walls and have filled their minds with information from the books on the bookcases.’
- ‘The walls were covered with ceiling high wooden bookcases filled with books.’
- ‘There are two leather black couches, lots of bookcases full with files, maps, books.’
- ‘This area would make an ideal reading or relaxation spot, as there is room to fit a set of bookcases and a sofa.’
- ‘As I was searching through my bookcase for poetry books to see if I can glean some ideas another book toppled off the shelf.’
- ‘We chuckled together as she stood and reached up to the top shelf of a grand bookcase in the corner.’
- ‘Disappointed and confused, Rubar tossed the book back into the bookcase.’
- ‘He had preserved them carefully in an old house, housing the books in 180 bookcases that went from floor to ceiling.’
- ‘The familiar shelves and looming bookcases of the library surrounded her.’
- ‘There was what appeared to be a desk, chair, filing cabinet, and bookcase.’
- ‘These bulky albums are now spread across bookcases, cupboards, trunks, and attics.’
- ‘Now, the occult book section is several bookcases long and practically eats up a corner of the store.’
- ‘She moved her head left and saw bookcases full of old books and she turned her head the other way and she saw the same thing.’
- ‘If possible, there should also be shelves on family bookcases that they can also browse.’
- ‘There were bookcases and shelves stretching across the other wall, and a massive stained old map of the old world.’
- ‘Along the walls are bookcases filled with books he never knew existed.’
- ‘The rear wall was lined with huge bookcases and the mammoth desk and chair before it were cleared completely.’
- ‘At the bookcase he opened the drawer and found it was filled with junk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.