One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An open cabinet containing shelves on which to keep books.
- ‘There was what appeared to be a desk, chair, filing cabinet, and bookcase.’
- ‘There were bookcases and shelves stretching across the other wall, and a massive stained old map of the old world.’
- ‘But don't worry, on inquiry we discovered that the bookcases cannot be opened.’
- ‘She moved her head left and saw bookcases full of old books and she turned her head the other way and she saw the same thing.’
- ‘If possible, there should also be shelves on family bookcases that they can also browse.’
- ‘The walls were covered with ceiling high wooden bookcases filled with books.’
- ‘As I was searching through my bookcase for poetry books to see if I can glean some ideas another book toppled off the shelf.’
- ‘The familiar shelves and looming bookcases of the library surrounded her.’
- ‘This area would make an ideal reading or relaxation spot, as there is room to fit a set of bookcases and a sofa.’
- ‘These bulky albums are now spread across bookcases, cupboards, trunks, and attics.’
- ‘There are two leather black couches, lots of bookcases full with files, maps, books.’
- ‘We chuckled together as she stood and reached up to the top shelf of a grand bookcase in the corner.’
- ‘He had preserved them carefully in an old house, housing the books in 180 bookcases that went from floor to ceiling.’
- ‘Disappointed and confused, Rubar tossed the book back into the bookcase.’
- ‘Now, the occult book section is several bookcases long and practically eats up a corner of the store.’
- ‘The other wall was entirely taken up with a floor-to-ceiling bookcase full of books.’
- ‘The rear wall was lined with huge bookcases and the mammoth desk and chair before it were cleared completely.’
- ‘At the bookcase he opened the drawer and found it was filled with junk.’
- ‘Along the walls are bookcases filled with books he never knew existed.’
- ‘Many a gentleman and aristocrat have sat in the centre of these four walls and have filled their minds with information from the books on the bookcases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.