One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A voucher which can be exchanged for books costing up to a specified amount.
- ‘The only option that comes to mind is a desperately unoriginal one - the dreaded book token.’
- ‘I remember my mother and myself having dinner with the Mayor and being presented with a book token.’
- ‘Consumer rights campaigners are warning students to steer clear of credit card companies offering ‘gimmicks’ such as free cameras and book tokens.’
- ‘In addition, a very nice book token from a generous grandfather-in-law allowed me to purchase.’
- ‘The Author of the best Primary School Entry will receive a book token of €75.’
- ‘I guess now he'll have to make do with a book token as usual.’
- ‘It's not long before he realises a book token would have been a lot easier.’
- ‘Each child was given a £1 book token by World Book Day.’
- ‘In fact, he accepted a book token from her as the English prize.’
- ‘Besides a book token, they get a badge and certificate.’
- ‘The winners will also receive a framed copy of their poem and a book token.’
- ‘Two runners up each get £200 with book tokens for the remainder of those short listed, who will be able to hear excerpts of their work read at the awards ceremony.’
- ‘Jack has also won a book token and all 40 children who took part will be given a bunch of daffodils tomorrow to take home for their own mums.’
- ‘Went out for a walk this afternoon, to spend a book token I got for Christmas, mainly just to see if a bit of retail therapy might snap me out of this melancholy mood.’
- ‘I eventually chickened out, and opted for the usual book token.’
- ‘The winners were presented with £5 book tokens.’
- ‘Katie and Scott will each receive a £5 book token.’
- ‘Prize-winners received book tokens and were treated to an interesting talk on how the murals were painted.’
- ‘I'd been given money, or perhaps a book token, as a present.’
- ‘If you are 16 or under, you could be the winner of a CD / book token to the value of £20.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.