One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A voucher which can be exchanged for books costing up to a specified amount.
- ‘Katie and Scott will each receive a £5 book token.’
- ‘Two runners up each get £200 with book tokens for the remainder of those short listed, who will be able to hear excerpts of their work read at the awards ceremony.’
- ‘In fact, he accepted a book token from her as the English prize.’
- ‘I remember my mother and myself having dinner with the Mayor and being presented with a book token.’
- ‘The only option that comes to mind is a desperately unoriginal one - the dreaded book token.’
- ‘Went out for a walk this afternoon, to spend a book token I got for Christmas, mainly just to see if a bit of retail therapy might snap me out of this melancholy mood.’
- ‘Besides a book token, they get a badge and certificate.’
- ‘I guess now he'll have to make do with a book token as usual.’
- ‘The winners were presented with £5 book tokens.’
- ‘In addition, a very nice book token from a generous grandfather-in-law allowed me to purchase.’
- ‘Jack has also won a book token and all 40 children who took part will be given a bunch of daffodils tomorrow to take home for their own mums.’
- ‘The Author of the best Primary School Entry will receive a book token of €75.’
- ‘Each child was given a £1 book token by World Book Day.’
- ‘Consumer rights campaigners are warning students to steer clear of credit card companies offering ‘gimmicks’ such as free cameras and book tokens.’
- ‘I eventually chickened out, and opted for the usual book token.’
- ‘If you are 16 or under, you could be the winner of a CD / book token to the value of £20.’
- ‘The winners will also receive a framed copy of their poem and a book token.’
- ‘I'd been given money, or perhaps a book token, as a present.’
- ‘It's not long before he realises a book token would have been a lot easier.’
- ‘Prize-winners received book tokens and were treated to an interesting talk on how the murals were painted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.