One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chimpanzee with a black face and black hair, found in the rainforests of the Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire). It is believed to be the closest living relative of humans.Also called pygmy chimpanzee
- ‘His favorite species for this work are chimpanzees, bonobos, and capuchin monkeys.’
- ‘Experts now bracket humans in the ‘hominidae’ family of great apes, along with orang-utans, chimpanzees, bonobos and gorillas.’
- ‘The situation is most dire for primates such as bonobos, chimpanzees and gorillas.’
- ‘It is also interesting to compare the behavior of humans with that of our two closest relatives: chimpanzees and bonobos.’
- ‘The net effect is that hunting bonobos, chimpanzees, and gorillas has now become big business.’
- ‘But the programme makers could as easily have used another chimp species as a model - the bonobo or pygmy chimpanzee.’
1950s: a local word.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.