One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chimpanzee with a black face and black hair, found in the rainforests of the Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire). It is believed to be the closest living relative of humans.
Pan paniscus, family PongidaeAlso called pygmy chimpanzee
- ‘His favorite species for this work are chimpanzees, bonobos, and capuchin monkeys.’
- ‘But the programme makers could as easily have used another chimp species as a model - the bonobo or pygmy chimpanzee.’
- ‘Experts now bracket humans in the ‘hominidae’ family of great apes, along with orang-utans, chimpanzees, bonobos and gorillas.’
- ‘It is also interesting to compare the behavior of humans with that of our two closest relatives: chimpanzees and bonobos.’
- ‘The net effect is that hunting bonobos, chimpanzees, and gorillas has now become big business.’
- ‘The situation is most dire for primates such as bonobos, chimpanzees and gorillas.’
1950s: a local word.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.