One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small hammerhead shark with a relatively narrow rounded head, found in American waters.
Sphyrna tiburo, family SphyrnidaeAlso called shovelhead
- ‘In contrast, the diet of neritic predators such as the bonnethead shark from southwest Florida is dominated by crustaceans, principally shallow water blue crabs.’
- ‘He barely faltered as huge sand tiger, bullhuff, leopard and bonnethead sharks circled ever closer.’
- ‘Nearby, a bonnethead shark moves with quiet menace, gliding effortlessly upwards; dorsal fin breaking the water for an instant before returning to the depths.’
- ‘Last year a virgin bonnethead shark gave birth at a Nebraska zoo.’
- ‘The bonnethead shark, common throughout the Western Hemisphere's warm waters, has a relatively modest foil, less than five inches across.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.