Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small hammerhead shark with a relatively narrow rounded head, found in American waters.Also called shovelhead
- ‘Last year a virgin bonnethead shark gave birth at a Nebraska zoo.’
- ‘Nearby, a bonnethead shark moves with quiet menace, gliding effortlessly upwards; dorsal fin breaking the water for an instant before returning to the depths.’
- ‘He barely faltered as huge sand tiger, bullhuff, leopard and bonnethead sharks circled ever closer.’
- ‘In contrast, the diet of neritic predators such as the bonnethead shark from southwest Florida is dominated by crustaceans, principally shallow water blue crabs.’
- ‘The bonnethead shark, common throughout the Western Hemisphere's warm waters, has a relatively modest foil, less than five inches across.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.