One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variety of sweet potato with white flesh.
- ‘These paler ones, sometimes called Japanese or Cuban sweet potatoes or boniatos, are excellent in stews and stir-fries.’
- ‘Supermarket produce departments have become exciting ethnic bazaars: Latino imports - yuca, boniato, tomatillos, and chilies - are especially plentiful.’
- ‘Yuca, malanga, and boniato (sweet potato) are also commonly served in traditional meals.’
- ‘The boniato, correctly known as a cultivar of the sweet potato, is of the firm kind, with a brown or red skin and white flesh.’
- ‘We saw local vegetables like yucca, malanga, boniato as well as fruits such as frutabomba, pineapple, mamey, mangos and others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.