One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variety of sweet potato with white flesh.
- ‘We saw local vegetables like yucca, malanga, boniato as well as fruits such as frutabomba, pineapple, mamey, mangos and others.’
- ‘The boniato, correctly known as a cultivar of the sweet potato, is of the firm kind, with a brown or red skin and white flesh.’
- ‘Supermarket produce departments have become exciting ethnic bazaars: Latino imports - yuca, boniato, tomatillos, and chilies - are especially plentiful.’
- ‘Yuca, malanga, and boniato (sweet potato) are also commonly served in traditional meals.’
- ‘These paler ones, sometimes called Japanese or Cuban sweet potatoes or boniatos, are excellent in stews and stir-fries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.