Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A silvery game fish of warm coastal waters.Also called ladyfish
- ‘The tide had dropped off the flats and with it, the bonefish had moved into deeper water, invisible to the naked eye.’
- ‘Trout fishing on rivers is very easy compared with the bonefish.’
- ‘The bonefish are right over there, a silvery school materializing out of the greener water to graze the shrimpy mud of the flat.’
- ‘For the next hour or so we moved slowly along the mangroves seeing the odd bonefish, barracuda and shark.’
- ‘‘Beautiful’ just doesn't do justice to the lightning bolt that is a bonefish.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.