One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A silvery game fish of warm coastal waters.Also called ladyfish
- ‘Trout fishing on rivers is very easy compared with the bonefish.’
- ‘The bonefish are right over there, a silvery school materializing out of the greener water to graze the shrimpy mud of the flat.’
- ‘The tide had dropped off the flats and with it, the bonefish had moved into deeper water, invisible to the naked eye.’
- ‘‘Beautiful’ just doesn't do justice to the lightning bolt that is a bonefish.’
- ‘For the next hour or so we moved slowly along the mangroves seeing the odd bonefish, barracuda and shark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.