One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A traditional Maori artefact carved from bone.‘he was dressed casually and wore a bone carving around his neck’
- ‘I could compliment him on his bone carving - ask him where he got it?’
- ‘A bone carving of the yacht was given to her by its owners.’
- ‘Items included natural medicinal creams, knitwear and bone carvings.’
- ‘The Sealside Gallery at West End, another cooperative venture, has a range of wares including wood and bone carving, pottery, art, silk, woollens, and glass.’
- ‘There were bone carvings made by a Whangarei artist.’
- ‘The quality of the work is outstanding and includes paintings, wood carvings, bone carvings, soap art and flax weaving.’
- ‘They have artefacts from the region and their greenstone and bone carvings are spectacular.’
- ‘Bone carvings, baskets, masks, jewelry, sculptures; there was just too much to see.’
- ‘He seemed too old to be working but, at the museum, she noticed his name: the artist of many intricate bone carvings.’
- ‘Popular selling pieces from our Kiwiartz site were Maori designed greenstone and bone carvings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.