One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A traditional Maori artefact carved from bone.‘he was dressed casually and wore a bone carving around his neck’
- ‘Items included natural medicinal creams, knitwear and bone carvings.’
- ‘I could compliment him on his bone carving - ask him where he got it?’
- ‘Bone carvings, baskets, masks, jewelry, sculptures; there was just too much to see.’
- ‘There were bone carvings made by a Whangarei artist.’
- ‘A bone carving of the yacht was given to her by its owners.’
- ‘The Sealside Gallery at West End, another cooperative venture, has a range of wares including wood and bone carving, pottery, art, silk, woollens, and glass.’
- ‘Popular selling pieces from our Kiwiartz site were Maori designed greenstone and bone carvings.’
- ‘They have artefacts from the region and their greenstone and bone carvings are spectacular.’
- ‘He seemed too old to be working but, at the museum, she noticed his name: the artist of many intricate bone carvings.’
- ‘The quality of the work is outstanding and includes paintings, wood carvings, bone carvings, soap art and flax weaving.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.