One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A customs-controlled warehouse for the retention of imported goods until the duty owed is paid.
- ‘Retailers will also be allowed to store their goods in a bonded warehouse.’
- ‘However, customs officials are encouraging long-term storage of wine away from bonded warehouses.’
- ‘The company has acquired several acres next to its premises to build its own bonded warehouse.’
- ‘He has around 40 cases stored in a bonded warehouse, because ‘not many flats in Soho have decent cellars’, and buys wine when he and his wife need it.’
- ‘In outline, all the evasion counts related to alcoholic drink removed from bonded warehouses in the United Kingdom.’
- ‘We are lucky in that we actually have access to the oldest bonded warehouse in Ireland which is ideal in temperature and location for our business.’
- ‘The high duty levelled on spirits in Britain makes the illegal trade in alcohol ‘diverted’ from bonded warehouses too tempting for criminal networks to ignore.’
- ‘The company maintained small distilling of rum products only to keep the bonded warehouse license at this location.’
- ‘It is currently preparing the ground for a new bonded warehouse at its base in Symington, near Biggar.’
- ‘Cannon volleys were fired, shattering a few windows at the bonded warehouses.’
- ‘Goods may also be moved from one bonded warehouse to another bonded warehouse without the payment of duties and VAT.’
- ‘The property is a purpose-built bonded warehouse constructed in the late 1970s by Gilbeys.’
- ‘They are transported by ship to East London in South Africa, placed in bonded warehouses before being loaded onto auto-carriers for the road trip to Namibia.’
- ‘Consider the bonded warehouse fees for shipments pending inspection and the paperwork nightmare for such efforts.’
- ‘Wines, spirits and cigarettes were obtained either in this country or from abroad and held in a bonded warehouse in the United Kingdom in a duty suspended state.’
- ‘In 1887 Cassidy's Distillery reached the peak of its production, almost 250,000 gallons, with 7,000 barrels in stock in the bonded warehouses still standing today.’
- ‘The factory held three or four bonded warehouses, administrative offices, a bottling plant, a small cooperage, and an enormous vatting and blending operation.’
- ‘However the cargo is to remain at your bonded warehouse in our name and is not to be released or delivered to anybody without our written authority.’
- ‘He said his company is a bonded warehouse and as such, it stocks vehicles for the local market as well as re-export.’
- ‘It is important to ensure that wine is delivered straight to bonded warehouses, to avoid tax problems and as a guarantee that the quality has been maintained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.