One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
High-quality writing paper.
- ‘The letter was the first piece of correspondence in the pile awaiting my attention, with the familiar emblem on top of the heavy bond paper.’
- ‘Also, for some people, especially older people, a nicely printed resume on fine linen paper is nicer than a laser-printed resume on plain white bond paper.’
- ‘They were then shown how to select a font and change its point size, so that they would arrive at a letter large enough to fill an 8 1/2’ x 11’ sheet of bond paper.’
- ‘Laser printed resumes on a good quality bond paper are an absolute must.’
- ‘It was copied on two sheets of simple 8 1/2 x 13 typing paper with a thicker bond paper on the outside which served as a cover.’
- ‘And another sheet of ordinary looking bond paper gets filed in a faceless white binder along with four inches of other medical history on his desk.’
- ‘At one point it was understood that if you printed your resume on 25% cotton bond paper you were a true professional; not anymore.’
- ‘‘He gave me a piece of bond paper with just his name and asked me to give him an autograph,’ Egerman recalls.’
- ‘Makes a good first impression, is attractive in appearance; and typed on 8 1/2 by 11 inch bond paper.’
- ‘Don't forget to hire a professional typist or word processor to type the entire plan on white bond paper and proofread it against the original.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.