One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
High-quality writing paper.
- ‘At one point it was understood that if you printed your resume on 25% cotton bond paper you were a true professional; not anymore.’
- ‘And another sheet of ordinary looking bond paper gets filed in a faceless white binder along with four inches of other medical history on his desk.’
- ‘Laser printed resumes on a good quality bond paper are an absolute must.’
- ‘It was copied on two sheets of simple 8 1/2 x 13 typing paper with a thicker bond paper on the outside which served as a cover.’
- ‘They were then shown how to select a font and change its point size, so that they would arrive at a letter large enough to fill an 8 1/2’ x 11’ sheet of bond paper.’
- ‘‘He gave me a piece of bond paper with just his name and asked me to give him an autograph,’ Egerman recalls.’
- ‘Makes a good first impression, is attractive in appearance; and typed on 8 1/2 by 11 inch bond paper.’
- ‘Don't forget to hire a professional typist or word processor to type the entire plan on white bond paper and proofread it against the original.’
- ‘The letter was the first piece of correspondence in the pile awaiting my attention, with the familiar emblem on top of the heavy bond paper.’
- ‘Also, for some people, especially older people, a nicely printed resume on fine linen paper is nicer than a laser-printed resume on plain white bond paper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.