One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small ornamental box or lidded jar for confectionery.
- ‘A bonbonnière makes a wonderful way of saying ‘Thank you’ for sharing the joy of your day.’
- ‘South African companies specialising in bonbonnières are always willing to offer creative and unusual options.’
- ‘Staffordshire Enamels boxes, bonbonnières, music boxes, cufflinks, paperweights and clocks are shipped all over the world to discerning collectors.’
- ‘The giving of the bonbonnière marks an ancient and heartfelt tradition.’
- ‘In 18th-century France, this custom became a fine art, with small highly decorated boxes called bonbonnières made of precious materials given as presents and tokens of regard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.