Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The political movement in France that aimed to restore the French empire under the house of Bonaparte.‘a continuity of Bonapartism throughout the 19th century’
- ‘He identified Bonapartism as one of the main variants of the right wing in France.’
- ‘The authoritarian wing of Bonapartism collapsed.’
- ‘They helped him become the national symbol of resistance to revolution and Bonapartism.’
- ‘He revived Bonapartism as both a political and a dynastic formula.’
- ‘He tried to revive the glories of Bonapartism with minimum military effort.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.