One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The most sonorous fliers of this order are the larger humble-bees, whose bombination, boom'ing, or bombing, may be heard from a considerable distance.’
- ‘The bombination of a thousand mumbled prayers met them before they actually came upon the dense horde jammed into and spilling out of the grotto mouth.’
- ‘Every now and then the air conditioner for next door would stop, then it would continue its endless bombination until the early hours of the morning.’
- ‘Flaubert's most damning irony consists in his maintaining that an entire nation of shopkeepers can be reduced to the complacent murmur and bombination of a single voice.’
- ‘The bombination of music travels right through the floors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.