One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
hum, humming, buzzing, murmur, drone, whir, whirring, fizz, fizzing, fuzz, hiss, singing, whisperView synonyms
- ‘They take the form of a submerged roar, a bombilation of sound coming up from the bottom of the sea.’
- ‘The whip argued with the bombilation of the flies over the sugary dew of our sores.’
- ‘This bombilation aroused the house, and a waiter entered the room flourishing a napkin authoritatively.’
- ‘Instantly a bombilation of laughter surged over the auditorium.’
- ‘When the bombilation became too fearful, Lovaina called out from her bed: "Make smaller noise! Nobody is asleep!"’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.