One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short jacket tightly gathered at the waist and cuffs by elasticated bands and typically having a zip front.
- ‘He wore a baseball cap, a black bomber jacket and jeans.’
- ‘The gunman, who wore a balaclava and a black bomber jacket, ran out of the house and fled the area, initially on foot.’
- ‘The man in this incident is described as white, with short, light hair and wearing a dark bomber jacket and dark trousers.’
- ‘The vicar was wearing a leather bomber jacket, which I found slightly incongruous given his profession.’
- ‘But there could be hidden treasures, like a perfectly washed-out Levi's jean jacket or Top Gun-style bomber jacket, just waiting to be worn.’
- ‘On the night of the attack - at 7.15 pm on November 17 - the man was wearing a white bomber jacket with blue sleeves.’
- ‘Her leather bomber jacket hung from the back of a chair.’
- ‘They are described as two white 18-year-olds 6ft 1in tall, one of them wearing a black bomber jacket and the other a white jacket.’
- ‘There was Bomber Steve, so called because he always wore a bomber jacket.’
- ‘The taller of the two girls wore a lot of sky blue eye liner and a black bomber jacket.’
- ‘She then went ahead and straightened Calida's grey pleated skirt; put a grey ribbon in her hair and zipped up her grey bomber jacket.’
- ‘The black man is of slim to average build with short hair and was wearing a blue bomber jacket.’
- ‘Hulme, dressed in a striped pullover and jeans and Maguire who was wearing a bomber jacket and white t-shirt, were flanked in the dock by two police officers.’
- ‘He was dressed casually in a leather bomber jacket and jeans.’
- ‘He had seen Carl before she did, waiting for her on the front steps, hands tucked inside his bomber jacket.’
- ‘Suiting the autumn - winter trend, she has a fine wool hoodie, bomber jacket and a duffle coat.’
- ‘The bomber jacket is a popular style this season; waist length with a zipper.’
- ‘Recently I was looking through some old photos and came across a picture of myself attired in a black bomber jacket, jeans and my Doc Martin boots.’
- ‘As long as he wears the bomber jacket I'll be happy.’
- ‘I put on my brown bomber jacket and my white beanie with the visor on the front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.