One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘People used to laugh when the Chancellor bombastically promised to end boom and bust: it was once the natural British economic weather.’
- ‘William often bombastically claimed to be the man who took the decisions.’
- ‘Predictably, he bombastically announced yesterday: ‘We have nothing to hide.’’
- ‘This law of reversals is called, too, more bombastically, ‘the swing of the pendulum.’’
- ‘There is an openly commercial component, often playing on nationalist sentiments and pursuing bombastically epic themes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.