One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘William often bombastically claimed to be the man who took the decisions.’
- ‘This law of reversals is called, too, more bombastically, ‘the swing of the pendulum.’’
- ‘People used to laugh when the Chancellor bombastically promised to end boom and bust: it was once the natural British economic weather.’
- ‘There is an openly commercial component, often playing on nationalist sentiments and pursuing bombastically epic themes.’
- ‘Predictably, he bombastically announced yesterday: ‘We have nothing to hide.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.