One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A division of a police force appointed to investigate the planting and detonation of terrorist bombs.
- ‘Finally breaching the wall of spectators, she could see several police officers hurrying inside the building, while the bomb squad geared up at their van.’
- ‘We have opened an inquiry and a decision has to be made whether we can send a bomb squad to investigate.’
- ‘The bomb squad arrived with sniffer dogs at around 12.05 pm, as the Fire Service cordoned off the area.’
- ‘He sees plenty of civilian opportunities, perhaps with a police bomb squad or in the construction industry, maybe even a pyrotechnic expert for movie studios.’
- ‘The police called in the bomb squad and the centre of Christchurch was closed down and blocked off for 6 hours.’
- ‘A bomb squad arrived, along with officers from the police's Mobile Brigade, and defused the bombs that were equipped with timers.’
- ‘Being suspicious, the staff called Tokyo police, who found it to contain a bomb and called in a police bomb squad to defuse it.’
- ‘Now, when that raid got under way, police called in the bomb squad.’
- ‘One exploded and the other two were detonated by a bomb squad.’
- ‘Now on Tuesday, police sent in the bomb squad and they said that inside this apartment was a harmful substance.’
- ‘‘The police bomb squad is still investigating this case,’ said the police spokesman.’
- ‘The bomb squad detonated the charge, destroying the car.’
- ‘The two explosive devices were found on the third floor of the office by employees who alerted the police bomb squad, the officials said.’
- ‘Each time he plants a fake bomb, many law enforcement agents, from a bomb squad to canine units, must be deployed to investigate.’
- ‘Around 80 families were evacuated early yesterday until a police bomb squad removed the containers from the sites, a Fukuoka police official said.’
- ‘An exclusion zone was set up and the police and bomb squad alerted.’
- ‘Police said a bomb squad had removed the explosives and planned to detonate them safely.’
- ‘The bomb squad detonated the grenade in place, which couldn't have been very good for the decor in the living room.’
- ‘He called the Burbank police, and they called the bomb squad.’
- ‘The bomb squad decided to leave the missile in the police station overnight and yesterday it was taken in an armoured car to Pilsworth Quarry where it was detonated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.