One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alert prompted by the suspicion that a bomb has been planted in a public place.‘the court building was temporarily evacuated following a bomb scare’
- ‘During the summit there were bomb scares across Italy, with police responding to 24 bomb threats in a 48-hour period.’
- ‘A Greek official tells CNN the diversion of the Athens to New York flight was due to what's being called a bomb scare.’
- ‘"There are always threats and bomb scares at the court," a senior policeman at the magistrates court said.’
- ‘Relevant employees (particularly receptionists and security staff) will need training to deal with a bomb scare.’
- ‘Part of the centre of Bedford was sealed off on Saturday afternoon, owing to a bomb scare.’
- ‘The historic women's organisation has a team on standby for major incidents such as rail crashes, serious fires and bomb scares.’
- ‘An Australian man whose wireless access point triggered a bomb scare has spoken of his shock at been treated like a potential terrorist.’
- ‘Despite the bomb scare, Paddy says he still wouldn't be turned off flying.’
- ‘The first night was interrupted by a bomb scare which caused the theatre to be evacuated.’
- ‘A Californian airport was closed for six hours on Friday, following a bomb scare.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.