One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The communist form of government adopted in Russia following the Bolshevik revolution of 1917.‘enthusiastic supporters of Bolshevism’
- ‘His romantic longings are a strategic critique of the faceless rationalism of Bolshevism.’
- ‘The writer's interest in Bolshevism was literary rather than political.’
- ‘He had largely abandoned the notion that he could enlist the Church in the front line against Bolshevism.’
- ‘Both authors set Bolshevism in the mainstream of European social thinking.’
- ‘I'd be the last to say that anarchism would have succeeded any better than Bolshevism did.’
Russian bol′shevizm, from bolʹshe ‘greater’ (see Bolshevik).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.