Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Does the bolometric correction account for this emission?’
- ‘Just as in conventional bolometric sensors, joule heating raises the temperature of the structure, causing a resistance change that is sensed externally.’
- ‘It includes a set of 52 bolometric detectors, which work by converting radiation to heat.’
- ‘The bolometric detector is achieved by means of technologies used in the semiconductor field.’
- ‘It is known that due to the bolometric effect dipole excitation of electrons can effectively heat the 2DES and change its resistance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.