One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Vomit.‘he's just boked all over me!’
be sick, spew, spew up, fetch upView synonyms
- ‘I stopped boking to take some pictures.’
- ‘I picked some soppy romance over 28 Days Later, and was subjected to some blonde actress boaking right into the camera.’
- ‘I've seen many pick away at their nose, not thinking that the driver in the next car is just about boaking at the sight.’
- ‘The mental singer very nearly boked on me.’
- ‘I was boaking all the way through it.’
A vomiting fit.
- ‘This alcohol sensor seems like a novel idea to prevent the post-drink boak.’
Middle English bolke; related to belch. Compare with bolk.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.