One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Moyer learned that on the sections of these pieces with recessed carved leaf decoration, the method used was oil gilding, which was usually reserved for gilding boiserie.’
- ‘Jason gives a detailed account of the creation of the boiserie for an early eighteenth-century Parisian mansion and its recent restoration and installation in the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.’
- ‘Panels of carved boiserie with original oval paintings were salvaged from a French chateau and reassembled in a Texas house.’
- ‘Polidori lovingly recalls such fittings among the stock of the skylit Atelier Feau, whose inventory includes a painted boiserie portraying the muses of poetry and music.’
- ‘The objects he purchased included a Henri II boiserie, an iron gate from the Chateau de Versailles, and Italian Renaissance furniture.’
- ‘In addition to the suite of furniture, the gallery contains important paintings by French artists along with a set of eight panels of boiserie.’
- ‘While her earlier houses were twentieth-century pastiches of the Louis XVI style, here she had authentic eighteenth-century French boiserie installed in the drawing and dining rooms.’
Mid 19th century: French.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.