One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dress shirt with a starched front.
- ‘He then puts on a boiled shirt and high collar under a white dinner jacket and heads to his meal, which is served at a table set with orchids and silver.’
- ‘The maid would bang the gong and for dinner my parents would always dress formally, my father in a boiled shirt and my mother in a evening dress.’
- ‘Up above, men wore black clothes and boiled shirts, and women dressed in beautiful gowns.’
- ‘The fellow had on a boiled shirt and a polka dot necktie.’
- ‘He would have expected to see full evening dress, the men wearing tails and boiled shirts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.