One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dress shirt with a starched front.
- ‘Up above, men wore black clothes and boiled shirts, and women dressed in beautiful gowns.’
- ‘He would have expected to see full evening dress, the men wearing tails and boiled shirts.’
- ‘He then puts on a boiled shirt and high collar under a white dinner jacket and heads to his meal, which is served at a table set with orchids and silver.’
- ‘The fellow had on a boiled shirt and a polka dot necktie.’
- ‘The maid would bang the gong and for dinner my parents would always dress formally, my father in a boiled shirt and my mother in a evening dress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.