One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The chemical element of atomic number 107, a very unstable element made by high-energy atomic collisions.
- ‘Due to its extremely short half-life, there's no reason for considering the effects of bohrium in the environment.’
- ‘The element bohrium was first identified on February 24, 1981.’
- ‘In 1997, however, the name bohrium for element 107 was recognized internationally.’
- ‘This is because bohrium decays very rapidly through the emission of particles.’
- ‘Few atoms have ever been made, but if enough were found in one area, bohrium would constitute a radiation hazard.’
- ‘Only a few atoms of bohrium have ever been made, and it will probably never be isolated in observable quantities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.